- Our company shall strive to prevent compromising the customers' rights and interests when acquiring, possessing, using, and disclosing the customers' personal information.
A person can refuse to receive a cookie, or can display a warning message when receiving a cookie by changing the setting of a web browser. For more details, please see the instructions of a web browser you are using. Moreover, a person can reject a Web beacon by setting to refuse the receipt of a cookie.
But, in the first case, please note that a person may not be able to use the all or part of our services provided in the website.
Mean information exchanged one another between a web server that controls a web site and a web browser that a person uses. Cookies may be saved as files in the disk of a person's PC. If you use a cookie, the web server can track and record information about which pages in the web site the particular computer visits etc. However, we cannot identify the person unless he or she enters the personal information into the web site.
- Web Beacons
Mean technology that functions with a cookie to check how many times a person accesses a particular page. However, we cannot identify the person unless he or she enters the personal information when receiving cookies.
- Regarding personal information obtained from the customer, our company shall strive to prevent the leakage, loss, damage, or unauthorized access of the customer's personal information by taking appropriate safety measures.
- Our company shall use the customer's personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve the goals of the following items.
- Execution of a contract concluded between Hitachi and a customer.
- Delivery of after-sales service on products, and sending of information on events and new products.
- Hitachi will not provide personal information to a third party without first obtaining the prior consent from the person, except the circumstances under certain conditions.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned.
- In each of the individual contents, when a personal information protection policy is shown separately, or there is a link to contents which show that policy, that personal information protection policy shall be prioritized.
- Our company shall strictly observe the laws and other regulations related to the handling of the customers' personal information, and shall strive to continously review and improve the contents of this personal information protection policy.
Point of contact for inquiries regarding personal information protection
5-2-2, Omikacho, Hitachi-shi, Ibaraki, 319-1221, Japan
Hitachi Power Semiconductor Device, Ltd. Information Systems Department